Top 5 Feel Good Tips In Landing Your First Gig!

Good Morning fellow VAs and Everyone!

                 First of all, I'm really excited to tell you that I've finally had my first gig as a VA after attending the VA Seminar of Sir Jomar Hilario in Cebu last April 2-3, 2011. I am really thankful that after almost 2 years of being away from the VA world, mainly because I went into employment as a hospital nurse, I am glad to be back as a VA and enjoying the perks of working at home at my desired time.

                 Here are some of my tips to land a gig for all of you aspiring VAs and soon-to-be achievers of the online world!

1. Be Open-minded. The Internet is really a vast and overwhelming place that opportunities are so limitless. All you have to do is to open your mind to the opportunities that comes flashing right before your eyes. There are a lot of gigs out there just waiting for you. So revamp your CVs or resumes and start seeing the results.

2. Be Honest. When you get an interview, tell the truth to your clients. It's better to tell them that you do not know or you are not familiar with what they are asking you about than telling them that you are a know it all and become a clueless cockatoo in the end. There are some clients who would rather have an honest VA than a VA pretending to be an expert.

3. Make a blog or website about your passion. There are some clients who would want to see if you have ever made a blog or a website and this adds good credits for you to be hired. Also if they see that you can write and express yourself well, you have a better chance of getting the gig because they know that you can communicate with them with ease.

4. Make your resume credible and add skills. This is one advise that has really worked for me. After attending the VA Seminar, I just did the assignment that was given and this included making a CV or resume. I had a resume posted at Onlinejobs.ph way back October of last year and I used to apply to gigs with this resume hoping to land me a gig. Unfortunately, after a few weeks and with no single interview, I gave up. So after the VA seminar, I revamped my resume and added skills and also made this blog which contains easy-to-use tutorials for programs used by VAs, and surprisingly an interview came up on my email and after a series of interviews, I finally got the gig among other applicants.

5. Just Feel Good and Believe in yourself. Sometimes you may get a bit frustrated when you do not get a gig or an interview, but you just have to believe in yourself and always see the positive side of things and feel good about yourself. When you feel good, all the things will realign itself to make you feel even better and you will just be surprised with what comes your way.


So that's about it for the Top 5 Feel Good Tips in Landing Your First Gig! 

P.S. Secret Tip: You can NOW download the Online Seminar of Jomar Hilario HERE!

Good luck to all your endeavors and remember to FEEL GOOD! See you guys at the flip side!

Photo courtesy of: flickrcc.bluemountains.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now